We can always go for more color in our lives, especially in our crafts! These marbled DIY trinket dishes are made with polymer clay, stamped, and accented with gold paint, and are the perfect splash of vibrancy on a bathroom counter top or nightstand.
Stamped Marbled Clay DIY Trinket Dishes
These little bowls make the perfect gift, and can be customized with any phrase or name you want. PEGZ letter stamps give you endless opportunity for creativity.
- PEGZ typewriter stamps
- Polymer clay
- Rolling pin
- Gold Liquid Leaf
- Paint brush
- Large can
- Oven-safe bowl
- Glaze (optional)
- Step 1: Collect your supplies.
- Steps 2 - 4: Roll different-colored pieces of polymer clay into long, skinny rolls, about 5 inches long. It's always nice to balance out colored strips with white ones.
- Step 5: Twist all the small pieces together into one strip.
- Step 6: Roll this new strip smooth.
- Step 7: Fold the strip in half and twist it again.
- Step 8: Roll the strip smooth again, and then roll it into a ball.
- Step 9: Using a rolling pin, flatten the ball until it's about 1/4-inch thick.
- Step 10: Find a can that matches the size you want your trinket dish to be (ours were about 6 inches wide), and place it on top of the flatten clay. Run a knife around the bottom to cut out a circle.
- Step 11: Using PEGZ stamps, stamp out your custom phrase into the clay.
- Step 12: Take the clay and place it in an oven-safe bowl. Look for a bowl size that will create upturned edges and give your clay circle its "dish" shape. Bake it at 248 - 266° F for 30 minutes. Let it cool.
- Step 13: Trace the stamped letters using Liquid Leaf gold paint.
- Step 14: Paint the outer rim using Liquid Leaf as well. Let dry.
- Optional Step 15: If you want, add a layer of gloss glaze to seal your dish and give it a shinier look.
DIY trinket dishes are perfect for keeping rings, earrings and other little bits & baubles organized, or at least, all in one place (hey, we're not perfect!). They make perfect gifts for birthdays, bridesmaids, holidays and more!