If you are a crafter, you may be wondering if wood stamps or clear stamps are the better choice. Both have their pros and cons, so it really depends on your personal preferences. Here is a quick overview of wood vs clear stamps to help you decide which is right for you.
Wood vs Clear Stamps
Wooden Rubber Stamps
Wood stamps offers a wooden mount with rubber that is laser cut in a specific design or pattern and secured on the bottom. Wood stamps have been around for a while, and they are a classic choice for many crafters. They offer a traditional look and feel that can be very satisfying to use. RubberStamps.com stamps come with a beautiful engraved design on top of the stamp mount.
Clear stamps are a newer option, and they offer some clear advantages over their wood counterparts. These stamps are made of a soft, flexible material that clings to your stamping block. Clear stamps can be applied and removed from thier stamp mount, unlike rubber stamps. This makes them much easier to use than wood stamps. Clear stamps also tend to be thinner than wood stamps, so they are easier to store and take up less space.
Clear stamps are made from a material that is transparent, so you can see exactly where you are placing them on your paper. This is a great help when you are trying to create a precise design. With wood stamps, it can be difficult to line up where the stamp will land on the paper.
If you are looking for precision and ease of use, clear stamps are the way to go.
Pros and Cons
- Traditional look and feel.
- Satisfying to use.
- Beautiful engraved design on top.
- Harder to line up on paper for precise impression.
- Thicker than clear stamps, so they take up more storage space.
- More cost effective as they can be applied and removed from there stamping mount.
- Thinner and take up less storage space.
- Can see exactly where you are placing them since the stamp is see through.
- The stamp aethetic. Clear stamps don't look as nice as an engraved wood stamp.